Sunday, March 9, 2014

Out with the Old and in With the New!



Up to this point we haven't put back anything new, so when I saw Greg pull out the saws and set up the horses to begin the re-building process it was nothing less than exciting! If you remember he said to me, “Nothing in here scares me, but issues just mean a longer wait until we are truly settled!” I am already dreaming of the wine and cheese party I plan on throwing when we are finally done. I've even considered an open house for our neighbors who have enjoyed this eye soar for many years. But I know I am getting ahead of myself.





Greg worked a few weeks replacing the foundation sills and laying the ground work for a new floor system. Our children and our friend Chris graciously shared a weekend from their busy lives to help us get those first floor joists put in place. We had to begin with getting the prep work done to make the weekend as productive as possible. Greg constructed a temporary wall of studs and plastic to make the center wall removal as clean as possible.  I had visions of dust billows entering our living space. I am m not the "germophobe" I see among my friends or family...I couldn't begin to handle this work!
It was amazing to see them work.   They tore down an interior wall and installed the joists then insulated the floor system.  The girls were pulling nails from those recycled beadboards getting them ready to be stripped. (One of my upcoming tasks!)
We couldn't thank them enough for contributing.  It was the jump we needed to move forward. ONWARD and UPWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment